|Bowers style acronym||Thon|
|Coxeter diagram||x4o3o6o ()|
|Vertex figure||Triangular tiling, edge length 1|
|Measures (edge length 1)|
|Dual||Hexagonal tiling honeycomb|
|Abstract & topological properties|
The order-6 tetrahedral honeycomb, or just tetrahedral honeycomb, is a paracompact regular tiling of 3D hyperbolic space. 6 ideal tetrahedra meet at each edge. All vertices are ideal points at infinity, with infinitely many tetrahedra meeting at each vertex in a triangular tiling arrangement.
Representations[edit | edit source]
A tetrahedral honeycomb has the following Coxeter diagrams:
- x3o3o6o () (full symmetry)
- x3o3o3o3*b () (tetrahedra of two alternating types)
[edit | edit source]
- Klitzing, Richard. "thon".
- Wikipedia Contributors. "Order-6 tetrahedral honeycomb".
- lllllllllwith10ls. "Category 1: Regulars" (#6).